If you haven’t had a Chinese meal from this place you most certainly have driven past this iconic building in Enoggera.
Buts a new lease of life is to be breathed into the location as a development application has been lodged for a Guzman Y Gomez Restaurant with drive through, located on the corner of 340 Wardell Street & 223 Samford Road, Enoggera.
Designed by Hodge Collard Preston Architects, the proposal seeks a stand alone Food and Drink Outlet building that will establish a Guzman Y Gomez Restaurant, outdoor dining and drive through. The proposed building is set back from the intersection and retains the general location of the vehicle driveway and pedestrian connection from Wardell Street.
The redevelopment will remove the existing Lotus Room Chinese Restaurant, car park, driveway and structures to facilitate the proposal. Utilising the adjoining vacant land, the large site will provide an improved vegetated layout that will include acoustic fencing along the boundaries.
– Restaurant (200sqm GFA)
– Outdoor dining (49sqm GFA)
– Loading Bay
– 13 car parking spaces provided
– Building frontage advertising
– Dual order bays and drive through/ 1 wait bay
– 1 Storey and 5.3m in maximum building height
– 12m high Illuminated pylon sign
Hours of Operation
In-store service – 6am to 11pm
Drive through – 24-hour
The planners at Murray And Associates state “The site layout depicts the location of the proposed Guzman y Gomez building over the north-western portion of the site with the drive through facility navigating around the building adjacent to the site’s western and northern boundaries. The loading and service zone is immediately south of the proposed building, with the ordering bays south of the service/loading zone. The proposed development will also include an outdoor verandah along the eastern elevation of the built form to facilitate outdoor dining”.
The proposal includes 249sqm of gross floor area on the 1,746ha site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 22 March 2022
– Council Reference: A005973805
– Address: 340 Wardell Street & 223 Samford Road, Enoggera
– Zone: Neighbourhood Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: Enoggera District
– Application Report: Murray And Associates
– Landscape Drawings: Saunders Havill Group
– Design Drawings: Hodge Collard Preston Architect
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
House prices are on the rise. Find out the value of your property now.
Get a free online property report from Hicks Real Estate. It takes seconds.